The island of Lesvos has moved.. in Athens!
The traditional grocery store was created by two young men, Andreas Karapatakis and Lefteris Antonakas, who were born and lived in Plomari of Lesvos, but decided to move in Athens, bringing, however, with them the best products from their land: olive oil, traditional candies, ouzo, tsipouro, wine, honey, mastic products, aromatic herbs, nuts, pasta, dairy, cheese products and many more.
At their store you will find products that ensure a healty and balanced diet, delicatessen for the preparation of delicious Greek dishes, as well as a range of natural cosmetics, such as classic scented soap from Mytilene, but also soaps and toothpaste with mastic from Chios.
Taken from the northeastern Aegean islands, from small local producers or women's cooperatives, the groceries of Peri Lesvou gain loyal customers because of their incredible variety and impeccable quality.
- olive oil from Mytilene (Lesvos) (extra virgin, extra virgin organic), in packaging from 250 ml to 5 lt
- pasta from Lesvos and Lemnos
- tomato sauce, flavoured or not
- pate of sun-dried tomato
- capers and cloves
- rusks (wholemeal, oil, barley, sugar free or not, etc)
- traditional spoon candies
- jams and honey
- traditional pastries (baklava, placente, almond)
- packed olives
- aromatic vinegar
- ouzo (more than 30 labels)
- mastic liquer
- wine (both bottled and in bulk) in more than 40 different labels
- salted fish (sardine, lettuce, gooseberry, herring)
- yogurt and dumplings (they come fresh every Wednesday)
- feta cheese
- selected pulses from Prespes, Kastoria and Grevena
- handmade Greek mustard
- Mastic products: candies, chios mastic tears
- cosmetics: various soaps (the famous aromatic soap from Mytilene, soap with donkey milk, but also others with mastic from Chios), mastic toothpaste etc
We visited the traditional grocery store Peri Lesvou and the senses of smell and taste were amazingly satisfied!
Read the Interview