Greece - Greek Islands
The best way to discover the coastal beauties of the volcanic island of Santorini!
Pirate Fishing Tour: 8 reasons to book one!21-03-2018 13:49
There is no need to convince the thousands of tourists who visit Santorini why they need to experience a sea tour under the unique Caldera cliff. Actually, this is the second “must do” after viewing the breathtaking sunset. But if you need a little convincing, we have compiled a list of 5 good reasons why you should spend a day at the sea, and specifically next to an expert!
Pirate Fishing Tours
1. Makis is an expert fisherman. This is the one and only thing he has been doing for a lifetime. He was born and raised in Santorini and he knows well the marine secrets of his birthplace. Fishing is what he does best! In fact, he has been a professional fisherman for the last 20 years, since he was 15.
2. Captain Makis’ 10 meters Kreta Mare boat is a fast and safe one, designed for travelling on Greek seas. The spacious rooms, along with the smooth ride, make it ideal for anyone who loves the open sea.
3. There are 3 and 5-hour excursions to choose from. The boat will sail near the spectacular cliffs of Santorini so that you can have a close look at interesting attractions like the island of Thirassia, Aspronissi, as well as “hidden” places that only a few locals know. Combined with the breathtaking sunset, this sea tour becomes an ultimate romantic experience!
4. You don’t need special equipment. Captain Makis has it all. He will provide you with the necessary fishing rods and bait, and he will stop at numerous reefs until you catch a fish!
5. With his comfortable cruiser boat, Makis will confidently guide you in and around the Caldera and the Volcano of Santorini, stopping at different fishing spots, so that you enjoy the most of the experience.
6. You can grill the fish you caught and enjoy a magnificent dinner on boat if you wish so! Depending on the season, you may have the chance to taste a tuna, groupers, sea bream or another “treasure” of the Greek sea.
7. Fishing Sea Tours are pleasant for everyone, including couples, group of friends, but also families with children. Keep in mind that fishing offers you the chance to improve your self-esteem through respect for the environment, mastering outdoor skills and achieving personal goals. Being outside and active helps to make you feel better and encourages a healthier way of life.
8. Pirate Fishing Tours operates in fully accordance to international safety guidelines. Captain Makis’ year long experience in seas guarantees your safety and meets your standards.
You can see what everyone sees in Santorini. Or you can let the expert captain of Pirate Fishing Tours show you its best kept sea secrets…
On Tuesday the 20th of March Tunisia celebrated the 62nd anniversary of its independence, with various celebrations taking place all over the country. In Athens, a great reception took place at the Tunisian Embassy and many diplomats, businessmen and journalists were there to celebrate after the invitation of Ambassador Dr Lassaad M hirsi.
The beach of Agios Georgios in Naxos is one of the most beautiful of the island, easily accessible as it is located in Chora, and the ideal choice for those who hate moving around during the holidays. Those who want to relax next to the wave enjoying the services of a well-organized tourist business.
When talking about the beaches of Naxos, there are many adjectives one can use: wonderful, sandy, famous, spotless, virgin, well organized... which is why this island of Cyclades is launched on the international lists with the most beautiful coasts in the world.
“Brunch” is both a noun, a verb and way of life. It’s not only an opportunity to eat something nice, but also a way to catch up with friends in the middle of the day. In Athens city we love it for both reasons. We have even discovered an easily accessible spot, perfect for the citibreakers to enjoy a full breakfast or a brunch during their travel in the Greek capital.
For the second consecutive year, three dynamic bodies, the Benaki Museum, Costa Navarino and Athens International Airport, join forces for culture. Leveraging on the Benaki Museum collection of printed sources of Greek costumes from the 16th to the 20th century, donated by I.D. Koilalous, distinguished Greek and foreign contemporary creators from the world of fashion and art present works inspired by traditional Greek costumes and endorse the infinitude of greekness in fashion and aesthetics.
Sumptuous mansions and humbler vernacular homes arrayed amphitheatrically around the marble-quayed harbour date from the 18th and 19th centuries, when Hydriot seafaring prowess brought great wealth. Despite its high-profile reputation, and the mid-day arrival of “One-Day Saronic Cruises”, the island remains endearingly time-warped.
“Brunch” is both a noun, a verb and way of life. It’s not only an opportunity to eat something nice, but also a way to catch up with friends in the middle of the day. In Athens city we love it for...
The beach of Agios Georgios in Naxos is one of the most beautiful of the island, easily accessible as it is located in Chora, and the ideal choice for those who hate moving around during the holidays....
When talking about the beaches of Naxos, there are many adjectives one can use: wonderful, sandy, famous, spotless, virgin, well organized... which is why this island of Cyclades is launched on the international...
Sumptuous mansions and humbler vernacular homes arrayed amphitheatrically around the marble-quayed harbour date from the 18th and 19th centuries, when Hydriot seafaring prowess brought great wealth. Despite...